Five Finger Prayer
- Thumb: Pray for those who are closest to you—your family.
- Second finger (pointer): Pray for those who point you in the right direction (teachers, doctors, pastors). Ask for wisdom and support.
- Middle (the tallest finger): Pray for those who lead us (government). Ask for wisdom and guidance.
- Ring (weakest): Pray for those who are weak or in trouble or pain. We cannot pray too much for them.
- Pinkie (smallest): Pray for ourselves and our needs.
“Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees.” (Corrie ten Boom)
I AM BLESSED to awake
To see the sun and embrace its warmth.
I AM BLESSED to frolic,
To taste the rain as it drops.
I AM BLESSED to reflect,
To partake in God’s mercy.
I AM BLESSED to dance,
To catch snowflakes as they drift.
I AM BLESSED to rest,
To hear the wind’s harmonizing swirl.
I AM BLESSED.
(Felecia J. Mitchell–Lansdale, PA, from “The Secret Place,” Spring 2016)
For a little musical inspiration check out King and Country’s “Fix My Eyes,” on Youtube
The New Year is a time to learn to rely more heavily on the grace of God. –Author Unknown
For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord… to give you a future with hope. — Jeremiah 29:11, NRSV
ONE YEAR BIBLE CHALLENGE! For those desiring to read through the entire Bible in 2016 we are offering you a resource today that can help you reach your goal. Copies of the one-year plan are available at the Welcome Center or you can download it by visiting the website www.oneyearbibleonline.com. Thank you Daniel Beaty for making this available.